Re: Other peoples Opinions

How about the people who can never recognize that little things cause
problems in a car and always want to just replace everything.  I guess that
is hard to understand, so here is my favorite example.  A friend has a 88 fox
that he has done a mild tuning too.  One day he jumped time and had to
replace the belt.  soon after he complained that the motor was shot no power,
he was going to replace it, it just HAD to have some major problem inside.  I
told hime to check the timing belt again, make sure the marks were right,
maybe check the injectors or mixture.  bottom line eliminate a few things and
then look at others if you get nowhere.  Finally after telling me the motor
was just dead, his brother checked the marks and the timing belt was 4 teeth
off on some pulley, im not sure which but he fixed it and the kid is so happy
now.  Another friend has what i figure is a mixture/injection problem he is
ready to lease a new golf (ewwwww) instead of just spending some time to fix
it.

Kyle