Re: Other peoples Opinions

At 01:03 PM 4/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>My wife has occasionally voiced such opinions.  She knows that I want to
>have a Corrado also (I have a 1980 MkI 'S', a 1985 MkII, and a 1988 16v
>currently) and has said several times that I should trade in my 16v for
>a Corrado, but I keep telling her that it's my project car and there's no
>way I'd ever get another Scirocco in that condition.  She keeps reminding
>me how old it is and how much money I put into it.  It doesn't seem to
>do a whole lot of good expaining how some of the things I'm doing are
>making it BETTER then it was when it was new, and cost a little bit more.

        Hey I don't mind the guy I bought my scirocco from was selling it
because his wife was tired of looking at it.  Cool, I got the car for dirt
cheap with an extra transmission because of that, I will not complain!

>However, sometimes I overhear her bragging about the 16v when talk about
>cars comes up between her friends or relatives.  Secretly, I think shes
>happy with my hobby.  I guess I'm pretty lucky, eh?

        My girlfriend is very understanding of my ways.  I am VERY fanatical
about my Alfa, i want her to drive it but she will not.  She is afraid that
she will get into an accident and I will go ballistic.  She doesn't even
like to drive the 'rocco because the shifter isn't like her Jetta (ok it is
a little worn..)

>==Brett

					DOM!
					1980 VW Scirocco S in DM