Re: wheels

At 07:11 PM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Just out of curiosity?  What kind of wheels and tire combos do all of
>you on the mailing list use and what sizes also?

I currently have a set of 15X7 Motoring Exponent Zone wheels with
195/50ZR15's on the GLi. On my Scirocco is a new set of 15X7 TSW Evo's
with the same hard core 195/50ZR15's tires.

>I'm looking to purchase TSW Evos 16x7.5 with Toyo Proxes U1's
>(205/45VR-16) in the next couple of days through Discount Tire.
>I've got an 88 Scirocco 16V with Neuspeed springs.  What other
>size combinations should I consider?

Nice chioce in wheels! <G> That size wheel will comr really close to
the front and rear shocks. Thats not a problem except the tire can roll
over a teeny bit and rub. It really depends on what offset you get with
the wheel. That would be my only concern with the wheel width.
The main problem with that size is it will make the ride much
firmer/harsher. if your in an area that has poor street maintenance <IE
potholes, rough roads ect) you might want to go with a smaller size
wheel/tire to add in the comfort levels while adding to the longevity
of your new tire/wheels! (Which is why I am stuck on the 15's. You
never know when your gonna travel and find some extremely shitty roads)

>Are there any other places than Discount that might be cheaper?
>Thanks,
>
>Brian

Possible tire rack will have them a bit cheaper for you. Call for a
quote, shop around! Tire stores are like stereo stores in that they're
always having a "big sale"! SHOP AROUND!!! (It will be worth it.)
HTH

Shawn