Re: Other peoples Opinions

caufman wrote:

> Yeah, I've definately heard this one way too many times.  I've owned
> three different VW's since I've been driving (80 Rabbit, 83GTI, and an
> 85 Jetta G/L), and I almost bought a Corrado, but could not afford it at
> the time.  Instead...and I don't know if I should admit it...I leased an
> Acura Integra (it was the most performance I could get for my dollar).
> Anyway, after a year, I became disenfranchised with the integra.  It
> just wasn't me.  So what did I do?  I went and bought an 80 Scirocco S
> beater for $400.  As soon as I nursed it back to health (not quite
> "healthy" yet), I put the Acura up for sale, I have not driven the Acura
> since.  Actually, it has been sitting for about 4 months waiting to be
> sold.  The acura is my albatross...punishment for the sin of betrayel.
> Well, back to the point, all my friends think I'm crazy and rag on "The
> Grendle" for it's obviously bad paint job and loud exhaust.  Oh well,
> what is a vw freak to do?  Stand proud my friends, stand proud.  That is
> something I never felt in my Acura.
>
> Power to all Sciroccos

When my roommate Amber came back from work she pointed out all the
little things that she didn't like about the shifting, clutch (too hard)
and how it needs an alignment, Just not like her Del Sol (Its only 3
years old)  but One thing she did admit That car will haul ass. She was
amazed by the 3rd Gear in my car. She is right it does need a few things
but its a hell of a lot closer to perfect than when I bought it. It will
be perfect someday no matter what it costs!

You have an articulate way of expressing yourself for sure with the
albatross and all. Its amazing how we all seem to totally understand
each other on this issue.

--
Kevin McGrath
http://www.pelican.net/~kevin