Re: Other peoples Opinions

> Alot of people seem to think that if your car is more than 4 years old
> you shouldn't be driving it. I have this female roommate (not even a
> girlfriend) who needs to borrow my car and I just mentioned that the
> exhaust is lose and rattles, "Why don't you sell your 2 cars and get a
> nice new car" Uh because I like not making car payments. Lets see
> because for $10,000 you can get a brand new? Hyuandai maybe? Hum because
> I like my scirocco and my GTI.

Yeah my wife looked at me kinda funny when I told her of my decision to buy
another Scirocco. but I wouldn't take a new car over an old one any
day. 1st...new cars cost more to upkeep, I know most things are
covered under warranty..but if it isnt..you have to pay the big bucks
because now adays you cant..or are not allowed to touch under the
hood..only a 'certified (bullshit) technician' can touch it. And if
you want the big HP you have to pay exorbent ammounts on the sticker
price..plus on insurance. It just makes more economical sense to me
in spending 4grand on a 16v 'rocco compared to.....22k for a new audi
or bmw.

And I still don't see how the math could come out beating me...

1986 8v Scirocco..............1600
Body Kit+Paint+Rims.....8000 (labor included)
G60 Engine.......................6000 (stage 3)
--------------------------------------
                                       15,600
..cost of G60 estimate..I havent priced it yet.
...now, I've yet to see a comparable auto for under..30k (M5 ?)

> Another thing is she couldn't get it in first for some reason, I saw her
> bogging down trying to take off in 3rd im sure its the cars fault too.
> You people are obviously like me, I would mush rather have something
> older that I love than a boring new econo-shitbox  that is perfect (for
> a few years) that I would pay 2.5 times as much for. I can get every
> little thing fixed on my scirocco for Gods sake.

Ahh you have reached Vee-Dub Karma wise grasshoppa. Yes thats the
same common that binds us together..the love for our VW.

Ryan ....Mr. No More Speeding Warrants!
'87 16v Scirocco
'86 8v Scirocco