Re: MkII Wide Body Kits/8" wheels??

>On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:48:41 -0700 VW Nut <scirocco@speed-racer.com> wrote:
>
>> O.k., you MkII Wide-body kit fans out there.

 Zender Z400 kit for Sciroccos.

>> Seems more subtle than the Rieger.

>It like it too but 8" wide wheels is kinda funky

Josh and others, I'm wondering something.  Are these the kits which use
staggered wheel sizes front and rear?  I seem to remember reading of a
Scirocco with some absurdly wide rear tires, and normalish front tires.  I
wondered at the time about that - not from a visual standpoint, as I can
see why some might like that look.  I am curious about the performance
issue - using a wider rear tire on an A1 is going to do nothing productive
for handling - do the kits in question (Zender, Rieger) use a wider rear
tire than front?  I realize that handling isn't everything (maybe I don't
*realize* this, but I try), but to spend thousands on wheels, fiberglass
and paint to *decrease* the performance potential of a car is beyond me.
Not a flame in the least, hoping that these kits use 8" wheels front and
rear.  Just curious.

Mannix