Re: HELP! TB milling question...

At 01:31 AM 4/6/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Which attachment, for those that have already performed this surgery, did
>you use on your Dremel?  I've used a few, but it just seems like it's going
>to take me two days to get done.

Actually, I used a stardard drill with a port and polish kit. I used 60 grit
cones to remove mass material and finer grits to finish. (Although I havent
actually done this mod to my intake manifold as of yet. I still need to do it.
Hey, dont be in a hurry or you'll bunghole it up for sure. it really should only
take you a portion of an afternoon to get it finished and back on the car. it
all depends on how much "cleaning" of the manifold runners you wanna do after
you open the mouth of the manifold.

>Also, how do I keep the shavings from dropping into the intake manifold?  I
>have newspaper stuffed in there right now, but I'm worried that I'll get
>some shavings down in there after I vacuume most of it out, and pull the
>newspaper out.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You gotta remove the manifold!!! There is absolutely no way,
to my knowlege, to machine the manifold without getting shavings inside the
head. I dont care what you shove into the manifold to try and prevent it,
something WILL get past it. Besides, its mucho' easier to work the manifold off
of the car anyways. Then once your completely finished with it, simply hose the
manifold off with water (ya, you can do that with the alumnuim manifold) and
either blow dry the manifold with compressed air, or stand it to drain for an
hour or so before reinstalling it on the head.
HTH

Shawn