Re: Rear wings!! Finally rear wings!

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997 Mute0@aol.com wrote:

> Well everyone seems to be aching for a rear wing thats different then the
> rubber stock thing.  I found this add on a scirocco web page.  The price is
> right, and it would really set you apart from the crowd.
>

>   "  ATTENTION ALL SCIROCCO2 OWNERS!!!!!!! Custom made carbon fiber rear fins
> for '82+ Scirocco. These light weight
>     fins make your Scirocco complete. The spoilers can take seconds off your
> 0-60's

How?  SECONDS off 0-60 times?  Really?  I can't imagine that a spoiler
would do anything below 60mph, let alone make the car slower, unless the
spoiler on the car previously was considerably heavier.  FWIW.

 and create better down force, which
> forces your car down, thus making corning and handling better.

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I *suppose* this is possible.  It adds downforce at
the rear of the car.....better handling.....well.....

Mannix (skeptic on a good day, but I could not let this one by:)