Re: Hex wrench size

> I'm doing the rear brake rotors on my 88 16V Scirocco.  Before I start,
> I would like to find out if anybody knows what size allen key you need
> to screw in the piston on the caliper.  I've been told that its a 10mm,
> 12mm or a 14mm.  Does any body know?
>
> Thanks,

Here's a trick that I use whenever doing rear VW disc brakes.  I use a 6 point
nut/bolt combo that fits perfectly in the hex key impression on the brake
cylinder. Think of it like this, the head of the bolt goes into the impression,
thread the nut onto the bolt, and then wrench on the nut (which is snugged up
against the bolt head by now). Ta da, instant free hex key.

==Brett