Re: Hex wrench size

In a message dated 97-04-05 13:49:55 EST, tonedeaf@earthlink.net (Brian M.
Potter) writes:

<< I'm doing the rear brake rotors on my 88 16V Scirocco.  Before I start,
 I would like to find out if anybody knows what size allen key you need
 to screw in the piston on the caliper.  I've been told that its a 10mm,
 12mm or a 14mm.  Does any body know?

it is 12mm, I am positive of that.  But just so you know, they are often
stuck and very hard to turn, I CAREFULLY use channellocks on the very outer
edge which is OK as long as you dont rip the dust boot.  Or you could rebuild
them, but youre getting into a bigger job than arent you?

Kyle