Welp, TB's in...

Just got the Neuspeed throttlebody in my '81 Scirocco (after milling the
intake manifold.....boy that took forever).  It went pretty uneventful,
other than not being able to find my allen wrench to put the TB back on.
Why do things you REALLY need go missing when you really need them?  Hmmm...

Anyway, on to my question:

While the car is cold, it will rev itself from 900rpm to 1500rpm, and back
down again.  It's a gradual rise from 900, but once it reaches 1500, it just
"drops" to 900 after a few seconds.  When the car is warm, it runs just
spiffy.  What is causing this?  My mixture?  O2 sensor?  I'm thinking it's
not a vacuume problem since it is doing it in a repeating pattern until it's
warm, but I guess I can't rule that out.  Help?

 *  Donovan Porter - dporter@hevanet.com - 81 VW Scirocco, performance *
* springs,exhaust,sport buckets, FOR SALE! $1500 - 81 Rabbit Pickup FOR *
 * SALE! $1200 - 96 Toyota RAV4,4wd,power everything - 81 VW Scirocco S*