Re: A bad scirocco day (me too)

At 12:31 PM 4/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Kevin, almost same thing happened to me, except here in Colorado when your
>busted driving on a suspended liscense it extends your suspension for a
>year from when you could have gotten it back.....and cops bite ass, I
>spent 10 days in jail for my liscense/ect pull over....and as for the
>moped thing...join the club...I've been crusing on my 77 Puch 49cc
>twostroke for ...??? 8-9 months....finally get my liscense back at the end
>of the summer.....good luck to ya man!

This isnt really related but kinda, so here goes anyways.
While I was in the great state of Colorado, I was in the cab of a pickup
truck with my Uncle (Driving) my father and brother-in-law. If your math is
right, there was 4 of us in the front of this truck, not a seat belt on
any of us. My uncle looks at me and says, "hey Shawn, this truck has got
some geddup", and floors it. I look down the road and see something that
doesnt look quite like a ski rack, spedo says 75 so sure enough it's gotta
be a Highway Patrolman. He pulls a U-turn and naturally pulls us over.

Well, we had just been fishing and were on our way to another worthless,
fishless lake in 40 deg weather and 50 mph winds. (ya, I was having a great
time, splended! Would have rather been at MGP!)  So the nice officer says
that he got us for 69 mph in a 45 and asks my uncle why he was drving so
fast. My uncle says, "My wife is in the hospital". Which, she was, but has
been there for 4 days already. The officer says, ok, then lemme see your
drivers licence and proof of insurance. He runs his licence and plate and
says to slow down and lets us all go. Hmm, nice guys there in Colorado. if
this would have been here in SD, we all would have gotten a ticket for not
wearing seatbelts, also for having too many people in the front of the truck
and the driver would have been arrested for excessive speed, (speeds of 15
mph over the speed limit are an arrestable offence in CA) and the truck
impounded.
Nice place, that Colorado.

Shawn