Re: Meze @ Malibu......

At 06:18 PM 3/31/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Well, our fave list member is visting his family in Longmont, conveniently
>25 minutes from Boulder, so Shawn, Kevin and I got together for a little
>fun at Malibu.  Grin.  Lets just say that .55 of a second cost Shawn some
>nachos and a beer:).  We had a beautiful day, 70 and sunny, not too many
>people at Malibu.

Ya, that beer was so dark, no light, not even the sun could pass through it.
Hell, im <burp> still tasting it! .55 is an eternity on that course! (Ya, I got
spanked!) Its a good thing we raced on Monday, (Good call) it snowed Tuesday!
<GAWD>

>So, we took turns in the cars, to equalize the car factor, which can be
>huge at MGP - some cars are definetly faster than others.  We found one to
>be the fastest, my best in that was a 53.85.  Best ever on that track for
>me is a 53.17, so I was driving fairly well, but not to my best
>capabilities.  Tenths are huge, FYI.  Kevin never drove the fastest car, he
>got a 54.70 three times in a slug of a car.  We'll be going back on
>Thursday, weather permitting.

Ya kevin, why didnt you drive the #1 PEPSI car?

>Shawn's best was a 54.40.  Not bad for his first time out on that course.
>Not bad at all, but NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!  HAR!  We had a good time, then I
>kicked his ass at the video game, too.  Rhar.  So, Shawn.....whadda you
>have to say for yourself?  Huh?  Punk?

heh, uh, I was suffering from severe oxygen deprivation... I had a nosebleed...
The crowd was against the visitor.... uh, ya, thats it! it was the ominous crowd!

>Can't claim a weight disadvantage, I've got 80# on you easy (ok, maybe 70).
>{never thought I'd see my rather value sized weight as a good thing;}.  Heh.

More like 20# is more realistic. Your not as big as you wanna be there kiddo!
(Well, maybe in the ol' noggin dept...Ahhhh!!)

>A good  time for all, anyone
>else coming to Denver?  Bring it on!  RHAR.  Kidding aside, I'm always game
>for a quick trip to MGP - decent seat time for not much money.  The cars
>understeer horribly, they have lame power, reward tight lines and turning
>in WAY early.

NOW HE TELLS ME!
Ya, it was fun. I just wish I could have gone back on thursday like we planned
but my family got in the way of our fun. ("Damn it, grandma's breathing, im gonna
go to Boulder"! It didnt work.) I think I was just figuring out the course. (My
fastest time was in my last lap...) I think given another 11 laps, I coulda maybe
got down to .10 - .20 of your fastest time.

Same goes here, anybody up to a MGP here in San Diego, lemme know. Its awsome
Solo II training!

Shawn