Re: Scirocco list.

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Francois St-Amand wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> I am not the person responsable for the list (who is anyway?).  But I
> had a similar problem two weeks ago.
>
> The only solution is to :

> scirocco-L-request@privateI.com, with your request (subscribe,
> unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.
>
> I know, it's wierd, but it's a free service.   Just re-apply and
> everything will return to normal.  I have been recieving 10-15
> message a day recently.

Folks, here's the scoop w/regards to being auto-unsubscribed: any time a
sufficient amount of mail from scirocco-L bounces back from an address
(for any number of reason; name server problems, local configuration blips
at your ISP, etc etc) your address will be automagically moved from the
scirocco-L to a list called "bounces".  The bounces list sends you a
notification once a day that you've been bounced.  If those messages still
bounce, you get unsubscribed from the bounces list as well.  The reason
for all this is that I have to see all of bounced messages (being the list
owner) - it's easier for me to tell someone how to re-subscribe when whatever
was causing the bounces goes away than it is to deal with bounces from your
address filling up my mailbox.  One thing to remember (this goes for most
mailing lists) - if for some reason you're having trouble with the list
(not receiving messages, can't subscribe/unsubscribe etc etc) you can send
mail to owner-listname@example.com (in this case,
directly than anything sent to the list itself.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/