Rocco Grief

Hello All!

     I know none of you know me, but I have been reading the scirocco digest
for several months now.  I sold my beloved 88 16v 2.0L  Rocco in January
because I am a college student who needed to trim down his budget so that I
could do a teaching internship this summer.  I miss that car like crazy.
 Luckily, I sold it to my best friend for a really good price with the
promise that as soon as he grew tired of the car he would sell it back to me
for a good price.  He loves rocco's too, I got him a 81 rocco S for 50.00
back in 1989.  The only thing that was wrong with it was a fouled cap and
rotor.  He drove that thing for four years and put over a 100,000 miles on it
only needing to replace the regular items and a clutch.  It was a great car,
only rust killed it.  The 16v's were relatively new back then and we used to
stand in awe of them.  Then the day came when I got mine three years ago.  It
had euro lights installed,a bra, and Eilbach modified suspension.  I never
had a problem with it, and just kept the oil changed w/ a good VW tune up
every may.  Now listening to you all talk about how good the 2.0 16v's are,
the ICW's going, bad scirocco days, etc, it makes me wish I still had mine,
and I hope my friend moves the car this fall when I can afford to have it
back and never part with it again.  Of course a Corrado wouldnt be bad
either!  Still my 16v rocco still had enough power to smoke a brand new saab
900 turbo convertable last summer.  Ahhh...they dont make cars like these
anymore.  They are loud and uncomfortable at times, but KEEP EM, because you
will be sad when they are gone!  There is not another brotherhood out there
like scirocco owners. I really enjoy your letters so keep em going.  Im just
glad I never had any problems with my old one, and I was very happy with its
performance (except damn those mustangs 5.0's on a straight line), it is by
far the best handling car I have ever driven.  I cant wait to get it back and
have it restored to new condition.  See you at those car shows!  Hopefully, I
will be back there with my old one soon!

Jeff
Amigo82@aol.com