Re: 16v no start

>The car turns over and over but it just will not start.  It has been
>like this for 48 hours.  I drove it just prior to the snow storm.  I
>have tried spraying either in the throttle body, pushing the car down
>a hill and popping the clutch and lastly cranking the hell out of it
>with the charger hooked up to it.
>
>Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you have no spark.  Ask the 16v people if there is a
common "no spark" causing failure in the 16v cars.  Reason I say this is
because you sprayed ether into the TB, and I am assuming that it did not
fire momentarily.

Next - take a plug wire, jam a screwdriver in the end of the wire (don't
*jam* it, just make a connection), hold the screwdriver near something
metal.  Turn car over, if spark, in all 4, replace plugs.  Unlikely.  Then,
take the coil wire off the distributor, same drill - if you have spark
here, but not at the plug end, current is not getting through the cap and
rotor.  Probably not that easy.  No spark at the end of the coil wire?
Then suspect the wire itself or the coil.  Work backwards through the
system.  I'm guessing there is some goofy sender something that failed, but
I don't know enough about the 16 volt cars to say.  Is the timing belt
broken?  That would keep the distributor from spinning, right?  It would in
an 8v.  No distributor rotation, no spark distribution, no run.  This all
is assuming that you are getting fuel, which I am guessing you are, ether.
Hope this helps, don't bother incessant cranking/bumpstarting until you see
a spark at the end of the plugwire.  If you get shocked, you'll live.
Don't worry about that.  Look in Bentley to see spark diagnosis
recommendations.

Mannix (I call them 16volts, dunno why, fully aware that they are 12.....)