Re: 16v no start

At 18:45 4/2/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Well, I sold my 16v today.  The deal was, if I can get the car
>running the guy will buy it for $3300.  So before I have it towed to
>a shop I will try asking you guys for help.
>
>The car turns over and over but it just will not start.  It has been
>like this for 48 hours.  I drove it just prior to the snow storm.  I
>have tried spraying either in the throttle body, pushing the car down
>a hill and popping the clutch and lastly cranking the hell out of it
>with the charger hooked up to it.
>
>Any ideas?

Do you have a spark? It could be a bad connection at the ignition pickup
or hall sensor, or a bad connection on the control unit, etc. If it won't
fire on ether, it probably has no spark at all. Water in the connectors
could do this.

Putting vaseline in the connectors on the blades will waterproof them. I did
this to all the plugs on the '83 after having intermittent electrical
problems, and they have mostly gone now. This won't hout the connectors, but
makes then easier to take apart later.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco