Re: Help a scirocco owner!!!

In a message dated 97-04-01 10:35:49 EST, gillS1@zianet.com (Stephanie E.
Gill) writes:

<< I don't have the same problem with oil leakage as Gregory, however, at
 98,000 miles, my 16V has started making a ticking or "chuck chuck" noise
 near the timing belt area.  This occurs only when I start the vehicle
 and the temperature outside is cool/cold, as after about 5 minutes of
 HARD driving, the noise disappears.  A Scirocco enthusiast on base told
 me my oil tap might be bad.  What the hell is that (he never
 elaborated)?!?!  Any ideas?  It's driving me CRAZY!! >>

You might need new valve lifters.  If you have it done, get a euro intake cam
to throw in while your in there.  It requires no extra labor.  You'll also
need a timing belt.

CT