Re: Just an idea regarding supercharging..

Humm i see what your saying about turbos and they are free.
But let me just say one more thing regarding the SC idea...
You said somthing like driving a vacume powered pump - im thinking somthing
along the lines of a refridgeratior compresser, that runs straigh off the
alternater, no nonsense.  It seems to me that this would be *approx* the same
size/power req as a a/c compresser (that a guess..)  and with an upgraded
aftermarket alternater, no a/c you should be running about the same power
drain : power gain ratio as a SC.
Regarding the boost, it could very easily (and VERY dynamically ) be
controlled by the driver, real time. Think about (this is basic) turning the
controls on your ac or fridge.  Unlike SC or turbos its VERY easy to control
boost timing, amt, when it will cut in (revs) etc.  Easy to customize.  Well
i think the driving force behind my idea is that i thought with a little
refinement you could replace your cars supercharger , not get any gains or
losses power wise - but get alot less complicated and in the long run alot
less expensive!

(think about it.. i cant see this setup costing over $1300 with new
compresser, alt etc..)
oh well do you know if its ever been tried?