Just an idea regarding supercharging..

Ok A friend an i formulated this idea, would anyone care to remark? Heres the
(maybe far fetched?) idea...
so it goes...
Firts let me say that the idea here is an economical reliable supercharger
providing modest boost.  Comprable to the g60 however it uses a different
design
>From my point of view the more mods you have to put on a car the less
reliable it is (ie turbo less reliable then supercharger b/c of high speed
turbine, etc)
This may not hold universally true but for my purposes consider it.

Ok so my idea is: Use a compresser (similar to any supercharger)
However - power it by electricity.  Therefore removing any need for crank
mods, pullys, possible crank damage... etc.
>From what i hear (and im no expert) the supercharger drains about as much
from an engine as A/C.
This led me to believe that it wouldn't be that impossible to
A - put a bigger alterntr on the car to power the supercharger
B - simple not use a/c (the car this would be for is a K. ghia w/bad a/c so
it wouldn't matter...

What do you all think? Obviousl this is just a theory but im intrested in how
efficient an electric compressor would be/how much juice you'd need to run
it/ has it been tried.. etc
any feedback appreiciated!!
Rus Mehta