Re: Struts

>Has anyone attempted replacing the struts on an A1 scirocco?  Mine are in
>dire need of replacing(240k originals) and I've heard conflicting reports
>on changing them.  The Bently manual says that the cartrages are not
>replacable, however my local part store says they are.  Does anyone know
>if they are replacable and has anyone tried it?

Easy...You can buy anywhere from Konis to Sears replacement
struts. Make sure you replace the upper strut bearings along with
the struts. Yours are shot. The stock bearings usually only last
40-50k. Most of the tuners advertised in European Car carry stock
as well as poly replacements much cheaper than the dealer.

Rob
rcalderwood@mcimail.com