Re: Carb conversions

At 11:01 PM 9/24/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone thought about/done carb conversions?
>I know there are webber kits out there but does anyone know what happens to
>performance/reliabiliy?
>--
>
>If you want the most reliable power, stick with FI.  If you want cheap and
nasty boost, go Weber.  Short gains with carburation, not worth the effort
IMHO.  FI is easy to maintain, comes very close to the ideal settings an
engine needs to run its most efficient.  Drop in mpg is expected with carbs,
but if you're racing, you won't care.  :)

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102