Re: Selling tranny w/ performance 3.94 final drive

>Whats the code on the Tranny?? (you will find it on the bottom) Whats the
>difference between the 8V gears and the 16V?? Im thinking I cant run this
>tranny in DSP and be legal if I do. I need to change out my FF super tall
>geared tranny for a close ratio but it must come from a Scirocco. Lemme know

>Shawn

Ok im going down to the shop to get the code today but right off the bat i
can tell you that when you look up the code you'll see it has come from a
scirocco. Its from a 1983 scirocco 8v.  The gears are the close ratio that
you'll fine in any scirocco 8 or 16v.  The only diff between them was that
(this is of the top of my head) that the 8vs were if i recall 5th gear = .81
and 16v 5th gear = .89 but that might be flipped.
The bottom line its geared as a stock 16v.
If you're autocrossing this is the trans for you! that differential gives
great low end acceleration and traction.  It also rides the torque curve
ferther then the 3.67 can so you will get a higher top speed believe it or
not.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Rus Mehta