Re: Pulling an Engine

At 04:17 PM 9/23/96 -0700, you wrote:
>What is the proper way to pull a motor from an A1?  From the top or from
>the bottom?  I've done the clutch and partially tilted the motor to the
>bottom but haven't pulled the whole thing.  Do separate the tranny and
>motor, then pull it or can I pull the whole thing out together?  I've heard
>that A1's and A2's are done differently.
>
>Rodney Noriel

I have pulled and installed motors by simply removing the entire eng/tranny
combo including the axles. (Lazy way to do it but hey.) Just gotta be
careful in how you treat the axles as the whole comes up. You'll need a
cherry picker with one of them engine tilter tools on it. Its not neccessary
but helps emencely. Just remember to be sure that everything is
disconnected. I missed the tube for the brakes and it cost me $60 to
replace! (Damn form fitted plastic unflexable tubes!)

Shawn