Re: Front spoiler installation: question

My 81 Scirocco l had an airdam from hell on it with only 2 inches of ground clearance.  It was a really good looking ground effects kit (Zender, I think).  The day I bought it and of course not thinking about hitting curbs, I pulled up in a parking spot and crunch.  Ooh, what a terrible sound!  The spoiler cracked (fiberglass) and since the ground effects were molded in with the body, both my front fenders buckled.  Needless to say, I set me back a few DMs!  Watch those curbs, man!