Re: Front spoiler installation: question

At 10:23 PM 9/22/96 -0500, you wrote:
>The folks over at ABD claim that the primer coating they have put on
>makes the spoiler ready to paint. Stupidly enough, I believed them and
>started spraying. The problem is: the surface is so smooth, that if one
>scratches the paint after it has dried, the paint peels off. Maybe I
>should have let it dry more and then test its hardness, but it seems to
>me I should have lightly sanded the spoiler first.

In theory, you can just paint it when you get it. The quality of the paint
job depends on the quality of prep, the qhality of paing and the quality of
the painter. (This is not a flame, just a generalization, thats why I paid
someone else to paing my car!) Anyways, You should of at least scuff sanded
the spoiler before you painted it. this will give the paint something to
stick to!

>Question number two: only four small screws hold the spoiler to the car
>(one on each side and two on the sides of the front). In case I
>absent-mindedly come too close to a parking curb and the curb hits the
>spoiler, what can happen? Will the screws give way, or will the spoiler
>crack (I can't imagine it bending permanently, simply because of the
>material it is made).

Depends entirely on how you impact said curb and how fast. Chances are it
will break at the impact points. (Fiberglass, right?)

BTW* I want a picture of the spoiler, if you dont mind sending me one?

Shawn