Re: Gains from racing headers

At 11:16 PM 9/22/96 -0400, you wrote:
>ok then i have one more question:
>what are the gains from ripping off the cat. on a TT 2.25" exaust?
>Im guessing minimal...

About 3 and a half pounds. :)
Really, I run a stock cat that has been hollowed out on my TT system. (Wait
a minute, dont lecture me about the benifits of our friend the
cat/converter! My car passes the CA smog test with flying colors!! After
all, it IS on the car!) I dont know what the difference was other than a
cool rasberry sound (hey, I like it!) it produces. I think it is worth about
5 hp, but- dont quote me boys, I aint said sh!t!!

(I just got back from an autox so im a little wired!!)

Shawn