Re: Euro-lights/city lights/fog lights/exhaust manifold

>4) My Scirocco is an '85 model.  I think these models came with the single
>outlet exhaust manifold, correct me if I'm wrong.  I was wondering what would
>be the best way to upgrade. A) go to the dual-outlet (Jetta style) with a
>TT-downpipe, or B) get a header setup.  I know the headers supposedly crack,
>but is it a real problem?  With the header pipes, I could save the weight of
>the cast-iron manifold, so I'm in a dillema.

Well, Obviously I am biased on this subject, selling Techtonics goods,
but....The best way to go is with the cast iron manifold.  The real question
is how long to you plan to keep your car.  If it is not very long, then you
could gamble and go with the header.  If you plan to keep your car like a
family member, then go with the cast unit.  Another thing to consider,
headers are annoyingly loud in my opinion.  There is a rasp to the
Techtonics exhaust, but a rasp is more pleasing than a growl, ep. on long
trips.  Anyway, Techtonics also tunes their exhaust designs by dyno, I am
not sure any header manufacturer does, although I could be wrong.  Let me
know if you need any more information.

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102