Re: Non Scirocco questions

if you're looking for power, don't even consider the 1.7l. I mean, it *is* a
hell of a lot quicker than the earlier motors but it is a) smaller in
displacement and b) has the smaller valve head. while it will respond to the
same types of hp tweeking, a big cammed/ ported/ hot exhaust 1.7 will be
harder to drive fast due to it's peaky power delivery. I'd go with the
torquier 1.8l in a heart beat.

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut