Re: Non Scirocco questions

At 10:19 PM 9/16/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Sorry to post a non Scirocco question in here, but the newsgroup seems to
>either be dead lately or my newsserver is screwed.
>
>I am looking for a motor for my '84 GTI my mechanic has a 1.7l that he
>pulled out of a jetta. He said he would sell me this motor for $300 plus
>installation. Included with this is a new timing belt and new seals
>guarnteed to run well and not to leak any oil.
>
>On the other hand Wolf Sport sells 1.8l motors for $400 including
>shipping. According to my mechanic the difference between the motors is
>small and with a cam and exhaust the 1.7l would be fast???? I know the
>1.8l is a good motor from experience though.
>
>I would like to hear suggestions on this. This is my work car but I still
>want it to have some power.
>
>Whats the better deal? ALso has anyone bought a motor from Wolf Sport?
>--
I'd like to hear more about these motors.  Are they rebuilt, or indeed are
they new?  400 sounds a little too cheap for new, watch yourself.  If you
are considering buying from them, speak to them about their warranty, if
they have one.  Do they cover shipping as well?

I too have an '84 GTi, but with an '85 motor and management, and I want
more!  I couldn't settle for a smaller engine myself.  And, if you can get
reliable power from a 1.8 w/o extra expenses, AS IS, why not go that route?
More money up front and all that, but hey, you get what you pay for in this
case...

Hope this helps,

David

             Original Equipment Marketers

   Serving owners of Volkswagens, Porsches and AUDIs
   with Original Equipment and Aftermarket parts at
                Discount Store Prices.

 Techtonics, Autotech and soon to come, New Dimensions

         diutley@telepath.com.....405-364-2102