Re: Tail lights - could be fog lights

>I believe that these spaces for bulbs are actually rear fog lights.

My German spec Scirocco has a fog light on the driver side.  I seems to be even brighter than a brake light, but maybe the lenses make it appear that way.  But for the US dudes-the spot under the hazard switch and the rear defrost switch is where the Euro fog light switch is.

There are other lightning differences, too.  If you park on a curb at night, you can turn on your left (or right-whichever side you're parked on) blinker after the car is off and the taillight and the 'dim'(no 'parking' lights on Euro spec) will go on so people see your car on a dark street.  Just thought I'd pass on some 'Gee whiz' info...