Re: Non Scirocco questions

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Kevin McGrath wrote:

> On the other hand Wolf Sport sells 1.8l motors for $400 including
> shipping. According to my mechanic the difference between the motors is
> small and with a cam and exhaust the 1.7l would be fast???? I know the
> 1.8l is a good motor from experience though.

The 1.8 is better - but I'm almost positive that the motors WS has are all
hydraulic valve versions (not the JH that came in the '84)... At least,
that's what they told me when I called them about it.  This may not matter
to you, though.

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***