Re: Sorry I posted to the list....

On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Chris Taylor wrote:

> At 12:10 AM 9/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >Volks,
> >        I apologize for the mistake of posting a personal message onto the
> >list by mistake.  Feel free to flame me at will....:)

<snip>

> Please, David, that wasn't necessary.  We all make mistakes.  In fact, I
> think I did the same thing the other day...

As the list maintainer, I should step in and accept some responsibility for
this.  The "Reply-To" header on this list is intentionally set to the list
address, rather than the original sender.  This was done to encourage
general discussion (and seems to have worked!) but tends to make it too
easy to send private replies to the list.

I can, of course, change it so that by default a reply will go to the original
sender and a "Reply to all" will send to both the original sender and the
list (check your mail program for specifics on that).  Both behaviors can be
overridden by pasting in whichever address you want to the "To:" header, but
I thought I'd ask what people would prefer as the default.

Kevin Wenzel - Director of Network Operations                   privateI, LLC
kwenzel@privateI.com                                Internet and Web Services
KB0MQM                        28.8 PPP/Shell Dialup and Private Port Accounts
                    ***  http://www.privateI.com/  ***