RE: any turbo's out there?

yeah just remachine the turbo and
all that.. well i have neither the skills nor the equiptment to do that!
Oh well.. have you driven either?

I don't know if you guys remember, but there was a Golf in EC several
months back that turbo'ed his car using VW turbo diesel parts.  It was
probably the cleanest bolt on turbo they had ever seen.  The exhaust
maniford, and even the provision for the oil line to the turbo was all VW.
 Velocity apparently had a lot to do with this conversion.  I saw the car
at the Autotech show two years ago and EC recently did an article.  ND is
manufacturing the old Calloway turbos so they could definitely point you to
a turbo Scirocco.