Re: Throttle Body Mod.

At 02:00 PM 9/15/96 -0500, you wrote:

>this doesnt apply to the 16v TB does it??..I didnt see any restricting ring
>around my small opening..I have heard of a trick where someine increased
>the size of the crescent..which forced the second hole to open early.

No, just those few late 70's cars.

The reason there is a small and large hole is to maintain air velocity,
which helps low end, at part throttle conditions. So, the small hole opens
first, then the large one begine to open. THis is what's termed a
progressive thyp throttle body.

It's also the reason why those Weber Big Throat throttle bodies marketed
in the late '70s and early '80s hurt throttle response at the low end; there
was just one huge throttle plate and while it did flow more in total it cause
a loss of air velocity at low end.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
Phone (518) 882-6534