Re: Brake upgrades

At 03:52 PM 9/13/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey, volks,
>
>If I go to 15" wheels for my Scirocco, I can go to 11" Corrado brakes, correct?

You are correct sir!

>What type of rotor do you guys recommend?  I've heard that vented is a must,
>but drilling is useful only for racing and can cause cracks, but that
>slotting is good for street/autocross use.

Vented is great for all around braking. Drilled does tend to crack but that
is under high stresses like racing. For street and autox, these shouls work
fine. Im not sure on the brands but I have been told that the methods for
manufacturing the drilled rotors have greatly improved on having them not
crack as much ect...
If your going to autox your car, these mods will put you in street modified!
Its not fun running with Lotuses ect...
But, thats my Opinion.

>Also the last European Car did a brake pad test, have you seen it?  If so do
>you agree with their findings and what kind of brake pad do you recommend
>with the rotors you would suggest?

The test was inconclusive! The cops shut them down!! The pads they tested
sounded like they were what I know qbout the pads. I currently use the
FERODO pads for my street/autox car. They're the best pads I have bought to
date. The last set of pads were Porterfield Carbon fiber pads and what a
waste of cash they were! Damn they were dirty!!

>My rear rotors are stock, as far as I know, should I upgrade them too or are
>they fine the way they are?

Leave the rears alone, having the rotors in the rear is about all the
braking upgrading you can do. Save your money and upgrade the fronts!

>Thanks in advance, all advice welcome...

Shawn