RE: Brake upgrades

I have cross-drilled vented Brembos on my 89.  I don't have much to compare to except stock, but I'm completely satisfied with mine.  There's a definite improvement in braking, especially from high speeds like when someone cuts in front of me on the Autobahn.  I have Metalmaster pads.  They're okay, but I wish I would've went with something else because they're really dirty.  They trash my BBS's pretty quick!  I ordered my parts from Rapid Parts in Monsey, NY because everything car-related here in Germany is outrageously priced!  Believe it or not, parts are much cheaper in the states.  Good luck on your 15" inch wheel shopping!
My personal favorite is the Borbet Type A because they're deepdish and not too outrageously priced.  But anyway, hope I helped...

Oh, one other thing...I'd keep your rear rotors the way they are.  I think it's a waste of money considering 80% of your braking is up front.

-Mike