Re: You don't need a zillion dollars.

At 08:08 PM 9/11/96 +0600, you wrote:
>If you want to "black out" your taillights, and still have use of them, just
>apply black 1/8" wide pinstriping tape to the raised ridges.  From directly
>behind it creates the illusion of a darker light, yet only covers about 35%
>of the actual surface area, it only costs about $3 too.
>
>--

If you have the 8V tail lights simply buy a set of 16V tail lights. Makes it
look like its got the blackout look to it. I like how my 8V looks with the
16V lights. Also, if you drill out the plastic and put in some 12v bulbs in
the slot where there are no bulbs (In the US Scirocco's) you will get the
euro look lights. Its cheap to do too, just the cost of 2 bulbs and a razor
blade to cut the plastic with. Dont get really bright bulbs or it will make
it look like your on the brakes since the reflective material in the lense
amplifies the light.

Shawn