Re: Bad Clutch Cable or bad Clutch?

At 09:25 PM 9/10/96 EST, you wrote:

>If mileage is high, I would consider replacing the rear crankshaft
>oil seal while the clutch is removed. Not sure about you 16V's
>but my '85 8V had problems with leaking oil seals.

This is a good point. Also note that the bolts that hold the pressure
plate to the crank go all the way through the crank, and must be sealed
to prevent oil from inside the crank from leaking out through the threads
and onto your new clutch!

Also, while the trans is out it's not a bad time to at least check the
trans input shaft seal, push rod seal and push rod bushing.

Mark
Adirondack Auto Brokers
Phone (518) 882-6534
Fax (518) 882-1914