Re: Modifications - YIPPEEEEEEE!

> Adjustable Konis with Eibach lowering springs all around.

On my '86 8v I mounted adjustable Konis and Eibach springs (promised a
3 cm (for you guys in the states that's just a bit more that an inch)
lowering).  I needed new shocks as the standard crap shocks wore out after
about 20,000 KM.  Guess most cars run on worn out shocks.

However, what I was about to say was, that I'm very happy with the Konis.
I have driven 130,000 km with them and only
one has been replaced so far - on the lifetime warranty - since the axle (or what
you call it) broke !!.  The car was still drivable but you could feel some
movements in the steering (front shock).  I have had mine for some time, and I
don't know whether the design of the Konis has changed.  The idiosyncratic thing about
the adjustment is, that at the front it's easily accessible as a screw.  On the
rear - listen carefully - you have to unmount the strut, take the spring
from the shock, remove a spacer and push the shock together and turn it. Silly.

All the time I have had mine on "factory setting".  The settings include what they call aggressive driving, rally, and track racing.  With the short Eibach, the
car was "hard" enough for me - notice that the roadholding on normal roads
gets much worse with this setup.

I had to remount the original springs after my work moved and the exhaust was in
serious danger to be ripped off at the ramp to the parking garage. I still have
the Eibachs and if you are interested in buying them, you send me some money, I
send you some springs.  I don't know if 8v and 16v Sciroccos can exchange springs
all I know is that in fact these seems to also match Golf I and cabrios (after
all the Scirocco is a somewhat different Golf I.

Soren.