Newbie

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself to the Scirocco home page.
I've been a Scirocco owner for the past 7 years, and have for the
past two had a Scirocco Storm. In case you don't know, the Storm was
a UK only edition with the BBS bodykit, colour-coded, full leather
interior, electric windows, tilt and slide sunroof, the 1800
injection (112bhp) engine and 14" Montreal alloys.
Mine has been subtly altered over the past two years to incorporate a
high spec Panasonic, Macrom, Acoustic Audio stereo system, Jetex
twin-port 2.5" exhaust system, Momo wooden steering wheel, 15" Zender
Monza alloys, and 1900 BR Motorsport engine (about 155bhp). This
really is a superb motor, and easily outperforms (in a straight line
at least) my Corrado G60* (until the mods start happening on the
Corrado...)
Despite covering 122k miles it has managed to get some pretty
impressive results in the Concours events in the UK this year,
including 1 first, 2 seconds and a third place (plus a joint 9th...
out of 10)
I hope to enjoy what is going on on the Scirocco list and to hear
from fellow owners (and who knows, maybe even fellow UK Storm
owners). Was there an equivelant in the US? I'd be interested if
anybody knows of any other special edition Sciroccos and their
details.

*The Corrado's currently for sale if anybody's interested. E-Mail me
at this address and I'll send you the details.

Anyway, TTFN and happy Scirocco-ing.
Jeremy R. Bromley (Events Manager, Corrado Club of G.B.)
                                      jbromley@enterprise.net