Re: Interior noise & miscellaneous...

> > That happened to me too.  Fortunately the cable still lifted the hook that holds down the seat on one side.  So I took some safety wire and wired the inoperative hook in the
> open possition.  A cheesey fix I admit, but I'm poor.  Anyway, check if the lever lifts
> either of hooks and if so wire the other one out of the way. good luck!

I didn't see Chris' original message (problems with mail-server), however I once changed
the back of the driver's seet due to a problem with the adjustment of the back
(one side of the back was one "notch" more behind that the other - a very awkward
situation).  I tried to repair but had to give in in the end and buy a new
back frame for the seat.  This, naturally, comes without the cloth - just
the bare metal frame with springs, wires for the lifting etc.  I did this some
8 years ago, and only remember that things went well, nothing was destryed, and
I even got the opportunity to adjust the springs in the back to fit my own back
better.  So, don't be afraid, you have to use slight force and bend metal here
and there.

Good luck,

Soren.