Re: Performance upgrades

On  2 Sep 96 at 18:00, Leigh Caddy wrote:

> After driving for a while and then getting stuck in a traffic jam
> the engine will suddenly begin to idle erratically and then cut out.
>  This only happens when I have been idling for around 4-5 minutes.
> The electric fuel pump has always buzzed since I bought the car 7
> months ago and I have changes the plugs and fuel filter recently.  I
> plan to change the air filter soon to as it is pretty dirty.  I
> haven't had a chance to test the car in traffic since the changes so
> prehaps these may have helped.
> Has anyone encountered this problem?

This was the exact thing my 85 8V was doing.  There was a recall on
the fuel pump and filter.  Some 86 are included, depends on the VIN.
All you have to do is call the dealer with your VIN to see if you're
included and if it was done yet.  If it was, you may want to test the
pump and replace if bad.  This solved my stalling in traffic.  You
may want to put the old filter back on (if you have it) if you are
eligible for the recall so you can use it later.  No sense wasting a
new filter.........

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
'85 Scirocco 8V