Re:

At 03:22 PM 10/30/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Shawn, since you seem to know the mindset of police officers... tell us what
>DOES work to get out of speeding tickets

Well, barring speeding and Barring getting caught, there is nothing you can
say or do that will get you out of a ticket.
There IS one thing I know of that definately works for getting out of a
ticket. Be a Cop, or a Dispatcher. Those 2 things will get you out of a
ticket because its shamefull to give another "brother" a ticket.
Heres a list of Dont do's.
Dont get mad. It doesnt do you anygood to get an attitude. It will only make
him look at your car and find more things to tack onto the ticket.
Dont try and lie your way out of it. You've been caught already.
DONT PLAY POOR LITTLE INNOCENT ME! (I really hated that!!!)
Dont play stupid.
Dont say anything more that the officer asks you for. Everything you say,
could used against you. When he asks you how fast you were going, just say
no. Let him tell you the speed you were going. If anything, say you were
going the limit.
Dont start rummaging theu the car before they get to your door. (It makes
you look suspicious, even tho your not.) Keep your hands on the wheel. and
wait for the officer to ask for licence, reg, ect.
Dont babble.

You have to understand, in the cops world, speeding is a game. Everytime you
drive, your playing his game. If he catches you by his rules that he must
follow, your caught. If your cool about it and understand its only his job
and not a personal attack on you, he might let you go, or might reduce the
speed at which he caught you at.
I have let some people go with the proverbial warning that were cool about
it. I have enven reduced the speed on the ticket for others. The ones that
get all huffy like they never ever do anything wrong, I tacked on 10 mph and
would find something else to add to the ticket.
Its each officers call as to what will show up on the ticket. Its a funny
little law, "Officers best judgment". He can guess that you were going
200mph and in court, it will stand!
Remember kids, the officer's story is believed to be true over anything you
say. Unless you got a camera to document the incodent.
Class over, lets get back to some VW topics please?

Shawn