Re: Alignment?

<< My '87 16v has a tendency to wander.  When I am off the gas it tracks
 >straight and true, when I hit the gas it pulls to the right.  This is
 >particularly noticeable on fairly aggressive starts.  I don't slip the
 >clutch from high rpms, but once it is engaged I nail the gas and have to
 >fight the wheel. >>

Hmmm, this sounds like what MY car is doing, too!  Uh oh.  And I don't like
what Shawn said it could be.  Hmmm

Shawn said:

<<  Sounds exactly like your diff is out. You do have the limited slip diff
in
your 87. Im thinking that you might be able to tear it down and retighten it
up a but.

Jack up the front end and rotate one tire (put the car in gear, any gear
with the engine off). Is it stiff or really easy? Does the other wheel spin
in the opposit direction?
Do the other wheel the same way. It should feel exactly like the other side
did.  >>

Sounds like I am going to have to check this out.  I sure hope it's not.  I
was really planning on getting my car painted soon (the paint job I want will
cost about $3,000.  It MUST be PERFECT!)

Tim :)