No Subject

Here's the part that applies to your story, shawn.

He said, "Son, you were going EIGHTY THREE MILES AN HOUR!"   [again, i was
doing at least 115]  It was hard to keep from laughing.  I said, "REALLY!
OH MY LORD!  LOOK WHAT I"VE DONE!!!!"  Anyway, he said he felt I had to
learn a lesson from this whole thing, w/ taking the law into my own hands,
so he gave me a ticket for 69mph.  I said, thank you officer.  I'm very
sorry.  He said there was an APB out for the Corvette, and that justice
would be served!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HAH AHAH AHAH AAH AH AHAHAH AH

Anyway, after I thought about it, I felt stupid because he just made that
speed up!  He had no way to know how fast I was going.  Could he have given
me a reckless ticket?  Or anything else?  Of course, its too late, but I'm
just wondering how gullable I was.

Chris Taylor
'87 16v Scirocco

West Ambler Johnston Hall
Virginia Tech Campus
chtaylo4@vt.edu
chtaylo4@aol.com
---------------------------

Not this past sunday, but the sunday before that, I was coming home to tech
from pa.  I was driving through Va on rt 211 going west, looking for a
shortcut to 81.  I was just driving along, it was about 11:00 or 11:30 at
night, not a car on the road, when all of a sudden there's a cop in my rear
view.  So I pulled over.  She told me to get my liscence and reg., so I
started to get them out of my wallet.  She proceeds to ask the following:
How old are you? 17.  Where are you going? Virginia Tech  Why?  I go to
college there, im coming home from Pa.  Where are you from?  Pa.   She says,
"Do you know how fast you were going"  I said no, I was just driving.  She
said 70 (in a 55), and that I sped up after they gunned me.  Anyway, Then I
look out the passenger side of my car and see another cop standing there.
WHY would there be a need for 2 cops on a back road to surround a car with a
kid inside?  Anyway, I gave my liscence and reg. to the cop, and she
says,"Get out of the car."  What am I supposed to do, I cant stand up for
myself..there's 2 cops.  How am I supposed to know they wont go bukwild on
me?  That comes up later in the story.  I got out, followed the lady to the
police car.  She says 'empty your pockets'.  I didnt have anything illegal,
so I did.  I pulled the pocketful of change out of my left pocket, showed it
to her, and put it back in.  She put her hands in both of my pockets and
searched me.  As far as I know, that's illegal.  That little detail called
the 4th amendment kicks in.  She said 'this is necessary', I replied, "I
dont have anything illegal"  Next, she says, "get in the car (police car).
I kind of did a double take, I couldnt belive she asked me to do this.  I
walked toward the car, they repeated the request.  I got in.  She filled out
my ticket while giving me an attitude.  I asked her if in VA it was req'd
for the person to get in the police car to have the ticket filled out.  She
said 'no, its up to my discretion'.  "I dont know how they do it in PA", she
said, "buthere in VA, when a cop asks you to do something, you do it."  I
asked her if it was legal for me to refuse to get out then.  She said __'you
take that chance'__ When you think about it, that's a threat.  What reason
should I have to be taking a chance by defending my constitutional rights,
especially when there is no probable cause to search me?  This is wrong.  I
asked to see the gun reading, she said "in VA, I am not required to keep the
reading on the gun, its my duty to uphold the law as honestly as I can."
She said, "I dont know where these people get off asking me this', more
examples of her giving me an attitude.  They waited in their car while I
changed a cd in mine for about 3 or 4 min.  My court date is Nov. 14, you
bet Ill be there.  Right here, and on paper, I have it all written down, and
have told my story to a ton of people.  I have it all right and all complete
in my head, and Im sure she wont remember the details after a month.  If
anything, I am filing a complaint for officer CS Compton, some cops see the
opportunity for a power trip when they see a college kid.  I am kind of
pissed off that I let them do that shit to me, but then again, I wonder what
would have happened if I would have defended myself.  Hmm...

Wow, sorry this is so long...makes up for all the other posts I didnt make.
Josh
85 rx7 gsl..heh