Re: Horsepower estimate

At 07:35 PM 10/28/96 -0500, you wrote:
>personally, I've never heard of a manifold being acoustically tuned. -sounds
>like a line to me. I've also never heard of swapping to an A2 manifold. hell,
>does it fit under the hood without modification?. whatever, if it does let us
>know the results.
>
>"Stage 3" would simply connote that the tuner supplying this cylinder head
>has two heads of milder or earlier spec. it isn't an accepted industry term
>or anything. keep in mind, however, that bigger doesn't always mean better. a
>radically ported head may give you less power for your style of driving than
>a milder setup. don't be fooled by "big" numbers...

Scott:
 I did a little research and found that the head he has is a Stage 3
Velocity head. It comes with the manifold fully ported and polished to match
the head. Its also complete with a 3 angle valve job on stock valves.
Thats why hes going to use that manifold with the head. It just happened to
be on an A-2 car was all. It will have to include the swaping over of the
fuel system, as he has said.
Stage 4 is a fully ported and polished head/manifold and with much larger
valves.

Shawn