Re: Horsepower estimate

       Haven't done it yet.  Apparently the later intake manifolds are
acoustically tuned, in particular this manifold is flow matched to the head.
The guy whom I will be doing this conversion with says that it makes a
difference but no one does it beacuse it's a pain in the butt and won't work
on scirocco's with A/C.

        Anyway, what does Stage 3 head mean?
***************************************

personally, I've never heard of a manifold being acoustically tuned. -sounds
like a line to me. I've also never heard of swapping to an A2 manifold. hell,
does it fit under the hood without modification?. whatever, if it does let us
know the results.

"Stage 3" would simply connote that the tuner supplying this cylinder head
has two heads of milder or earlier spec. it isn't an accepted industry term
or anything. keep in mind, however, that bigger doesn't always mean better. a
radically ported head may give you less power for your style of driving than
a milder setup. don't be fooled by "big" numbers...

-Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut