Re: Lacking power?

At 06:19 PM 10/28/96 +-100, you wrote:
>>Do any of you feel like the scirocco lacks power? I know its a very
>>dirivable car and very fun but i think it lacks some power off the
>>line and up the hills.  What do you think?
>
>Just think a minute and compare your car with other cars with the
>same size engine.  Oh, and while your at it, think how slow American  V6
cars are!  Still think your car is slow? :-)  Is your 5th gear really
>high?  Maybe that's why you die on hills.  I've really never been
disappointed with the power of my Sciroccos...and I haven't even
>owned a 16V yet!

I have the tallest 5th gear available to the public. (0.71) and I climb the
steepest hills in 5th. I guestimate I have 115 HP in my 1.8L. Its all in how
you build it I guess.
I just love V-6 Camaros! I will let them think they are going to pull away
from me, then downshift to 4th and wave buh-bye as I go by! They have more
power than my little Scirocco. They also have twice the weight too! Some
5.0's can pull away from me until we get to top end, then I reel them in and
pass them. They're geared really low and its fun to hear that V-8 scream
doing 110 while im passing them.

Shawn