Re: Lacking power?

Shawn Meze wrote:

> At 06:19 PM 10/28/96 +-100, you wrote:
> >>Do any of you feel like the scirocco lacks power? I know its a very
> >>dirivable car and very fun but i think it lacks some power off the
> >>line and up the hills.  What do you think?
> >
> >Just think a minute and compare your car with other cars with the
> >same size engine.  Oh, and while your at it, think how slow American  V6
> cars are!  Still think your car is slow? :-)  Is your 5th gear really
> >high?  Maybe that's why you die on hills.  I've really never been
> disappointed with the power of my Sciroccos...and I haven't even
> >owned a 16V yet!
>
> I have the tallest 5th gear available to the public. (0.71) and I climb the
> steepest hills in 5th. I guestimate I have 115 HP in my 1.8L. Its all in how
> you build it I guess.
> I just love V-6 Camaros! I will let them think they are going to pull away
> from me, then downshift to 4th and wave buh-bye as I go by! They have more
> power than my little Scirocco. They also have twice the weight too! Some
> 5.0's can pull away from me until we get to top end, then I reel them in and
> pass them. They're geared really low and its fun to hear that V-8 scream
> doing 110 while im passing them.
>
> Shawn

Another funny thing to do with these (ridiculous) cars is get them to
race at highway speeds and keep up for a little then slam on the
brakes.  They fly away sort of surprised and slow down and then I floor
it in 3-4th and go laughing past them.  It takes them a while to catch
up too.  One other thing is driving circles around cars.  Always make me
smile,
Josh cLaRK